AslanSalarkia

همکار بازنشسته
تاریخ عضویت
25 جولای 2013
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
تهران
For fans of real alternative rock,greatest genre in my view, there is this event at the pardis gholhak which they show a compelete ANATHEMA concert in dolby !!! This friday !! Im heading tehran guys ,cheeer up ! Any one got any news please let us know..

LG L7 II
I've never been a fan of'em , neither their early days as a doom metal band and nor their progressive / alternative era.
but it's nice to see that events like this still take place here!
have a good time ;)

AbolTheRocker

تاریخ عضویت
18 مارس 2012
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
مشهد
well...anyone watching bollywood movies? if you like comedy movies you may want to checkout Dhamaal (2007) and Double Dhamaal (2011),you will just laugh throughout the movie! :)

AbolTheRocker

تاریخ عضویت
18 مارس 2012
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
مشهد
Yeah I listened to one of them,but looks like I can't appreciate Death Metal at all,I listen to Groove Metal bands as an alternate to Death Metal,Like Lamb Of God,They have some cool songs

AslanSalarkia

همکار بازنشسته
تاریخ عضویت
25 جولای 2013
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
تهران
they are good, I myself used to be a big fan of groove Metal, lamb of God, Pantera, Even Children of Bodom!
is it all metal for u? anything else?

AbolTheRocker

تاریخ عضویت
18 مارس 2012
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
مشهد
Children of Bodom is Melodic Death Metal...anyway
Not just metal.Rock and most of its sub-genres,R&B,Sometimes rap(not the bulls**t they call rap in iran) and even indian songs,not the cheesy " I Love You" type,Worth-Listening-To ones like Imran Khan songs,you should checkout his 2009 album Unforgettable,it's really Unforgettable...

AslanSalarkia

همکار بازنشسته
تاریخ عضویت
25 جولای 2013
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
تهران
Children of Bodom do Melodic Death Metal now, but they started with groove ;)
I thought u were a diehard metal fan! glad I was wrong! I personally don't call rap a genre of music, it just isn't!
I much prefer Jazz & Blues, they've got real music, real instruments, great artists...
even Metals roots go back to the blues, most of the early metal bands (like black Sabbath or Led Zeppelin) started with that!
I guess I'm going back to the start, Metal, Grunge, Hard Rock, Prog Rock, Jazz, Blues... :D

AbolTheRocker

تاریخ عضویت
18 مارس 2012
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
مشهد
How can you call Children of Bodom Groove Metal? If by "Started With Groove" you mean Something Wild,it's doesn't sound like groove metal to me at all,it has keyboards and melodic guitar riffs written all over it :)
Oh give me a break,if a metalhead listen to a genre of music other than metal,he is not a diehard fan anymore!? I don't think so...And I know Rap is retarded in most parts,I love only a few songs like Arab Money by busta rhymes which is featured in GTA: TBOGT
blues is not my type of thing you know...I know it all started with Jimi Hendrix and other blues artists,and I respect them,but not my type of thing,I prefer metal songs which sounds "Modern" like Kalmah,Children Of Bodom,etc
BTW labels shouldn't stop you from listening to GOOD music,if a music is truly good,it will make you addicted to it no matter what genre it is,take cannibal corpse as an Example of bad band and Breaking Benjamin as good band,In case of Breaking Benjamin,Every damn song has either a catchy riff or catchy vocals,but cannibal corpse,I can't believe people listen to a guy singing about doing the most disgusting things you can imagine in the most stupid vocal possible,and music is just meh in most parts,and when I searched the web for the reason of such a big fanbase for such a Not-Likeable band,most people were admitting that they listen to them cause in a movie,Jim Carrey,their favorite comedian actor gone on stage with cannibal corpse singed the hammer smashed face song with them and said that he is a fan of them...that is a Super Stupid reason to listen to a band...
;)

Last edited:

AslanSalarkia

همکار بازنشسته
تاریخ عضویت
25 جولای 2013
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
تهران
I think u misunderstood, I didn't mean what i said in a bad way, i meant it's good that ur open minded to other stuff as well, cuz I know many metal fans who literally mock everything else!
about labeling the music.. I've gotta disagree with you, I agree that even the stupidest bands or artists have good songs, but in a good band, most of the songs are good, when I listen to pink floyd, I know that 99% of it is amazing, and eventhough I might be missing out on some good music, I don't mind, cuz good songs are hard to find, and when I find a good song and the realize that the artist has a lot more to offer, I keep on listening!
and about the blues, it goes way back! BB King, Ray Charles, Albert King... they all started in the 40s and 50s, Jimi's first album was released in the late 60s.. and it's a combination of Blues with Psychedelic Rock :)
and I totally agree with everything u said about cannibal corpse...
terrible, terrible band...!

AbolTheRocker

تاریخ عضویت
18 مارس 2012
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
مشهد
Yeah looks like I misunderstood you.sorry :)
Oh and about first years of blues and rock,yeah you're right,I should always keep in mind the lyrics of Let There Be Rock by AC/DC,They kinda explain it all in the song:
In the beginning
Back in nineteen fifty-five
Man didn't know about a rock 'n' roll show
And all that jive
The white man had the smoltz
The black man had the blues
No one knew what they was gonna do
But Tchaikovsky had the news
He said -

"Let there be light," and there was light
"Let there be sound," and there was sound
"Let there be drums," and there was drums
"Let there be guitar," and there was guitar
"Let there be rock"

And it came to pass
That rock 'n' roll was born
All across the land every rockin' band
Was blowing up a storm
The guitar man got famous
The businessman got rich
And in every bar there was a super star
With a seven year itch
There were fifteen million fingers
Learning how to play
And you could hear the fingers picking
And this is what they had to say

"Let there be light"
"Sound"
"Drums"
"Guitar"
"Let there be rock"

One night in a club called `The Shaking Hand'
There was a ninety-two decibel rocking band
The music was good and the music was loud
And the singer turned and he said to the crowd -

"Let there be rock"
Cool lyrics :D
OK enough of music,let's talk about movies,have you ever watched a bollywood movie? chances are high,if yes,what movies?

AslanSalarkia

همکار بازنشسته
تاریخ عضویت
25 جولای 2013
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
تهران
Yeah looks like I misunderstood you.sorry :)
Oh and about first years of blues and rock,yeah you're right,I should always keep in mind the lyrics of Let There Be Rock by AC/DC,They kinda explain it all in the song:
In the beginning
Back in nineteen fifty-five
Man didn't know about a rock 'n' roll show
And all that jive
The white man had the smoltz
The black man had the blues
No one knew what they was gonna do
But Tchaikovsky had the news
He said -

"Let there be light," and there was light
"Let there be sound," and there was sound
"Let there be drums," and there was drums
"Let there be guitar," and there was guitar
"Let there be rock"

And it came to pass
That rock 'n' roll was born
All across the land every rockin' band
Was blowing up a storm
The guitar man got famous
The businessman got rich
And in every bar there was a super star
With a seven year itch
There were fifteen million fingers
Learning how to play
And you could hear the fingers picking
And this is what they had to say

"Let there be light"
"Sound"
"Drums"
"Guitar"
"Let there be rock"

One night in a club called `The Shaking Hand'
There was a ninety-two decibel rocking band
The music was good and the music was loud
And the singer turned and he said to the crowd -

"Let there be rock"
Cool lyrics :D
OK enough of music,let's talk about movies,have you ever watched a bollywood movie? chances are high,if yes,what movies?
nice lyrics.
as high as the chances might be, I'm sorry to disappoint u! I'm nowhere near a fan of bolly!
not much into movies either, I do try too keep up, but it's not easy...!
I'm a big fan of Coen Brothers, Woody Allen, Marty Scorsese, Hitchcock, Kubrick... the classics really!
not in to big blockbusters, but in Hollywood, I do like Christopher Nolan.
the philosophy of the writer/Director matters a lot to me, I guess that's why I can't enjoy Bollywood.

AbolTheRocker

تاریخ عضویت
18 مارس 2012
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
مشهد
nice lyrics.
as high as the chances might be, I'm sorry to disappoint u! I'm nowhere near a fan of bolly!
not much into movies either, I do try too keep up, but it's not easy...!
I'm a big fan of Coen Brothers, Woody Allen, Marty Scorsese, Hitchcock, Kubrick... the classics really!
not in to big blockbusters, but in Hollywood, I do like Christopher Nolan.
the philosophy of the writer/Director matters a lot to me, I guess that's why I can't enjoy Bollywood.
Well,you may want to give bollywood a chance,you can start with comedy movies,comedy is something that anyone can enjoy,unlike drama,Some movies you can start with are:
Dhamaal
Double Dhamaal
Three Idiots
Munna Bhai M.B.B.S
Welcome
No Entry
etc...
at least you can look 'em up in IMDB and check the story and read some reviews,and remember one thing,if you ever want to watch an Indian movie,never watch with Persian subtitles,always get the English subtitles,the guys who translate the movies,f**k up the translation most of the times,and in some cases write nonsense... :)
Oh,and if you want a good Hollywood comedy movie,checkout Johnny English and its Sequel,Johnny English Reborn :)

AslanSalarkia

همکار بازنشسته
تاریخ عضویت
25 جولای 2013
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
تهران
Well,you may want to give bollywood a chance,you can start with comedy movies,comedy is something that anyone can enjoy,unlike drama,Some movies you can start with are:
Dhamaal
Double Dhamaal
Three Idiots
Munna Bhai M.B.B.S
Welcome
No Entry
etc...
at least you can look 'em up in IMDB and check the story and read some reviews,and remember one thing,if you ever want to watch an Indian movie,never watch with Persian subtitles,always get the English subtitles,the guys who translate the movies,f**k up the translation most of the times,and in some cases write nonsense... :)
Oh,and if you want a good Hollywood comedy movie,checkout Johnny English and its Sequel,Johnny English Reborn :)
maybe in the future,
I like Comedies, especially series, Friends was the best ever! also I'm a Huge fan of Seth Macfarlane, family guy and american dad!
Johnny English was great, but my favorite Comedy Movies are Ted and The Dictator!
also try Coen brothers' Comedies, things like the big lebawski, Burn after reading, etc...
it's dark psychotic comedy, one of my favorite genres,
our taste is quite different as it turns out ;)

AbolTheRocker

تاریخ عضویت
18 مارس 2012
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
مشهد
maybe in the future,
I like Comedies, especially series, Friends was the best ever! also I'm a Huge fan of Seth Macfarlane, family guy and american dad!
Johnny English was great, but my favorite Comedy Movies are Ted and The Dictator!
also try Coen brothers' Comedies, things like the big lebawski, Burn after reading, etc...
it's dark psychotic comedy, one of my favorite genres,
our taste is quite different as it turns out ;)
haha yeah,it's all a matter of taste,but we both should checkout each others favorites,who knows,we may like them ;)

AslanSalarkia

همکار بازنشسته
تاریخ عضویت
25 جولای 2013
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
تهران
بالا