برگزیده های پرشین تولز

گرامر، لغت شناسی، درک مطلب، نگارش (خلاصه کردن و ...) در زبان انگلیسی با استفاده از مثال

shahraaam

کاربر فعال بخش زبانهای خارجی
کاربر فعال
تاریخ عضویت
22 ژوئن 2014
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
در خواندن مطالب انگلیسی، از جمله تمرین پست 19 این تاپیک، ممکن است به اسم هایی برخورد کنید که برای شما نا آشنا هستند. لازم نیست شما بتوانید اسامی چون Piraeus را به درستی تلفظ کنید. میتوانید بدون دانستن تلفظ صحیح چنین اسم هایی از آن ها عبور کنید.

shahraaam

کاربر فعال
تاریخ عضویت
22 ژوئن 2014
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
Please read the following passage which is taken from the book More Tales from Shakespeare and answer the questions based on what is stated or implied in it/0

Leontes, King of Sicily, and his queen, the lovely Hermione, once lived together in the greatest happiness.The love that they felt for each other made Leontes so happy that he had nothing left to wish for, except that he sometimes desired to see again his old companion and school friend, Polixenes, King of Bohemia, and to introduce his friend to his queen./1​

Leontes and Polixenes had been brought up together as children, but after the deaths of their fathers, each one had to rule his own kingdom. So they had not met for many years, though they often exchanged gifts, letters and loving messages./2​

At last, after repeated invitations, Polixenes came from Bohemia to the Sicilian court to pay his friend Leontes a visit. At first this visit gave nothing but pleasure to Leontes. He begged the queen to show special care and attention to his dear friend and he seemed to have found perfect happiness now that he was with his old companion. They talked about old times; they remembered their schooldays and their youthful games. They told stories of these to Hermione, who always took a cheerful part in these conversations./3​

a. Why was Leontes initially so happy?/4​

b. Did Leontes and Polixenes stay in touch in the years before they met as adults?/5​

c. Who is the bolded ‘he’ in the third paragraph referring to?/6​

من این سوال را در سایت دیگری گذاشته بودم و کاربری به نام متین پاسخ نسبتا خوبی به اون داده بود. این پاسخ ایشون بود:

Hi

a - According to the passage, his tranquilizing life with her queen, under the aegis of their glorious love, had a indispensable impact on his happiness

b - Yes, considerably. Based on the explicit assertions within the text, the two had correspondences, in view of gifts, letters and so on, within the years of separation, albeit no face-to-face appointment

c - In my estimation, it refers to Polixenes. "he" pronoun, located in the previous sentence does point to Polixenes and his new happiness due to queen's behavior. The target "he" is just relegated to the same reference, with due attention to both semantics of the sentence and overall meaning of the complex statement, stemmed from "that" relative pronoun

Best,
Matin

............................................................................​
نظر من در مورد پاسخ ایشون:

Hi Matin

Thank you for taking the time to answer the questions. Your answers to a and b are almost correct with very few mistakes./e

c. Wrong. The correct answer is Leontes. Here is the original paragraph and its reworded and somewhat summarized version:/0

At last, after repeated invitations, Polixenes came from Bohemia to the Sicilian court to pay his friend Leontes a visit. At first this visit gave nothing but pleasure to Leontes. He begged the queen to show special care and attention to his dear friend and he seemed to have found perfect happiness now that he was with his old companion. They talked about old times; they remembered their schooldays and their youthful games. They told stories of these to Hermione, who always took a cheerful part in these conversations./1

Finally, after many invitations, Polixenes came to the Sicilian Court to pay Leontes a visit. At first, this visit gave nothing but pleasure to Leontes. He (Leontes) begged his queen to show special attention to his (Leontes') dear friend and he (Leontes) seemed to have found perfect happiness now that he (Leontes) was with his old companion (Polixenes). .../2

Last edited:

shahraaam

کاربر فعال
تاریخ عضویت
22 ژوئن 2014
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
And here’s how the tale continues:/0
When , after a long stay, Polixenes was preparing to leave, Hermione , at her husband's wish, begged him to make his visit longer./0
And now this good queen's sorrow began. Polixenes had refused to stay when Leontes asked him, but Hermione's gentle words persuaded him to do so. Leontes had no reason at all to doubt either the honesty of his friend Polixenes or the excellent character of his good queen, but he was immediately seized with an uncontrollable jealousy. Everything that Hermione did for Polixenes, although it was only done to please her husband, increased the unfortunate king's jealousy. Suddenly, Leontes changed from a true friend, and the best and most loving of husbands, into a wild and cruel creature. He sent for Camillo , one of the lords of his court, and told him of his suspicions about his wife's unfaithfulness. Then he ordered Camillo to poison Polixenes./0​

Camillo was a good man, who knew that there was no truth in Leontes' suspicions. So, instead of poisoning Polixenes, he told him about his master's orders and agreed to escape with him from Sicily. Polixenes, with Camillo's help, arrived safely in his own kingdom of Bohemia. From that time, Camillo lived in the king's court and became his chief friend and adviser./0​

a.The word gentle is closest in meaning to … ./0

I.acrimonious
II.sedating
III.soft
IV.polite​

b.Why did Hermione show so much kindness to Polixenes?/0
c.Why did Leontes plot to kill Polixenes?/0
d.Why did Camillo help Polixenes escape?/0​

..............................................................................​
این سوال هم توسط متین به شکل زیر پاسخ داده شد.
Hi

a - She was supposed to change his mind, by means of a convincing tune. So, both "soft" and "sedating" are to-the-point, in my view. But, as a matter of final choice, I'd prefer to mark "sedating" as my candidate option.

b - The considerable coherency between her husband and the guy had affected on her to be interested in the man. Thus, she was keen on keeping him beside themselves to satisfy her man's wish

c - He had misunderstood about his wife's communications with Polixenes, to be something different than a solely-benevolent attempt to maintain a fraternity

d - As he did possess wisdom and equity, just listened to his soul to do the right thing, i.e. helping the innocent man, instead of blindly-obedience from his king

Best,
Matin
................................................................................​
این هم نظر من در مورد پاسخ ایشون:

Hi Matin

a. Sedating is close but I'd choose soft. Sedating would be closer to calming or tranquilizing, however, the word gentle here is closer in meaning to kind or soft./0

b. You've got the right idea but I don't like the wording of your first sentence.Your second sentence is fine though./1

c. You've got the right idea but I don't like your choice of words here. /2

d. Here's how I'd rephrase your answer: Since he was a wise and just man, instead of blindly obeying his king and murdering an innocent man, helped him escape from Sicily. /3

Thanks
Shahram

shahraaam

کاربر فعال
تاریخ عضویت
22 ژوئن 2014
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
This one is from the book Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. Please answer the questions based on what is stated or implied in the passage. I have attached the text and questions in PDF format too./0

My father’s family name being Pirrip, and my Christian name

Philip, my infant tongue could make of both names nothing

longer or more explicit than Pip. So, I called myself Pip, and

came to be called Pip./0

…/00

As I never saw my father or my mother, and

never saw any likeness of either of them (for their days were

long before the days of photographs), my first fancies regarding

what they were like were unreasonably derived from their

tombstones. The shape of the letters on my father’s, gave me

an odd idea that he was a square, stout, dark man, with curly

black hair. From the character and turn of the inscription,

“Also Georgiana Wife of the Above,” I drew a childish conclusion

that my mother was freckled and sickly. To five little stone

lozenges, each about a foot and a half long, which were arranged

in a neat row beside their grave, and were sacred to

the memory of five little brothers of mine,—who gave up trying

to get a living, exceedingly early in that universal struggle,—I

am indebted for a belief I religiously entertained that they had

all been born on their backs with their hands in their trousers pockets,

and had never taken them out in this state of existence./0

a.Has Pip ever seen his mom’s picture?/0

b.How tall were Pip’s brothers when they passed away?/0

c. How did Pip come up with the idea that his father was strong?/0

d. Can Pip say with certainty that his mom was freckled?/0

e. Write a summary of the passage./0​

و این جواب سیمین هست به این سوال:
a. based on to the story he has not ever seen the photo of them and only by seeing the tombstone of them he imagine she was freckled and sickly

b. I supposed according to their tombstones they were about a foot and half long
c. I assume his fancies was from the shape of their tombstones and according to the letters of on his father grave he imagine he was strong
d. As we understand from the story he only imagine and drew a childish fancy that his mother was freckled

brief
The story illustrate a person that his name was pirrip Philip but because of currency and habit from his childhood tongue he called pip he had never seen his parents and any picture of them .he only imagine them from the shape of their tombstones. he supposed that his father was square and stout with curly black hair and her mother was freckled and sickly . and by 5 little stones he imagine his 5 little brothers that died

with the best
simin

.....................................................................................................​
این هم نظر من:

Hi Simin

Thank you for taking the time to answer the questions. Your answers are conceptually correct, but with some grammatical errors . Please see below some corrections I made to your answers. /0

a.Based on the story, he has never seen her photo and only by observing the inscription on her tombstone, concluded that she was freckled and sickly./1

b.I suppose, according to their tombstones, they were about a foot and half tall./2
c. I assume his fancies about his father's strength came from the shape of the letters of his tombstone's epitaph./3

d. No, as we understand from the story, he only imagined and drew a childish conclusion that his mother was freckled./4
e. Your summary could have been a bit better. /0

The word currency normally refers to a system of money like Dollar or Euro. For example: The currency of Canada is Canadian Dollar. The words illustrate and imagine should have been written with s at the end. Please try to rewrite your summary and make it more readable./0

Thanks

Last edited:

shahraaam

کاربر فعال
تاریخ عضویت
22 ژوئن 2014
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
لطفا متن زیر را با انتخاب صحیح ترین گزینه ها بازنویسی کنید و در صورت نیاز، فقط از دیکشنری و کتاب گرامر کمک بگیرید.
اگر در هر قسمت بیش از یک گزینه صحیح است میتوانید یک گزینه را در متن اصلی گنجانده و دیگری را داخل پرانتز قرار دهید. مثال:
She is a beautiful (pretty) woman​
(تغییر کوچکی در ابتدای دومین پاراگراف ایجاد کردم. لطفا کلمه A در ابتدای این پاراگراف را در نظر نگیرید)
ممنون

I (A. was going B.went C. go) down yesterday to the Piraeus with Glaucon the son of Ariston, that I might (A.offer B. suggest B. give) up my prayers to the goddess; and also because I wanted (A. see B.to see C. seeing D. to seeing) in what manner they would celebrate the festival, which was a new thing. I was delighted with the procession of the (A. habitats B. inhabitants C. inhabitable); but that of the Thracians was equally, if not more, beautiful./0

A(After, When) we (A.have finished B. finished C.had finished D.have been finishing) our prayers and viewed the spectacle, we (A.turned B. was turning C. had turned D. A or B)in the direction of the city; and at that instant Polemarchus the son of Cephalus chanced to catch sight of us from a distance as we (A.started B.were starting C. have started D.A or B) on our way home, and told his servant to run and bid us (A. to wait B.wait C.A or B) for him. The servant took hold of me by the cloak behind, and said: Polemarchus desires you to wait./0

I turned round, and asked him where (A. was his master B. his master was)./0​

این جواب صحیح به این سوال هست به همراه سوالی برای شما:

I went down yesterday to the Piraeus with Glaucon the son of Ariston, that I might offer up my prayers to the goddess; and also because, I wanted to see in what manner they would celebrate the festival which was a new thing. I was delighted with the procession of the inhabitants; but that of the Thracians was equally, if not more, beautiful. /0

When we had finished our prayers and viewed the spectacle, we turned in the direction of the city; and at that instant Polemarchus the son of Cephalus chanced to catch sight of us from a distance as we were starting on our way home, and told his servant to run and bid us wait for him. The servant took hold of me by the cloak behind and said: Polemarchus desires you to wait. /0

I turned round, and asked him where his master was./0​

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Question: Can you modify the second paragraph and use the word ‘after’ instead of ‘when’ at the beginning of it, without changing the meaning of this paragraph?/0
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………​

shahraaam

کاربر فعال
تاریخ عضویت
22 ژوئن 2014
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
We use past simple for actions that were completed in the past. We use past continuous, however, when an action in the past is interrupted by another action, often with shorter duration. The second paragraph of the last exercise is a good example of how these two tenses can be used./0

When we had finished our prayers and viewed the spectacle, we turned in the direction of the city; and at that instant Polemarchus the son of Cephalus chanced to catch sight of us from a distance as we were starting on our way home, and told his servant to run and bid us wait for him. The servant took hold of me by the cloak behind and said: Polemarchus desires you to wait. /0

..........................................................................​
این هم جواب سوال آخر در مورد تغییر پاراگراف دوم:

After we finished our prayers and viewed the spectacle, we turned in the direction of the city; and at that instant Polemarchus the son of Cephalus chanced to catch sight of us from a distance as we were starting on our way home, and told his servant to run and bid us wait for him. The servant took hold of me by the cloak behind and said: Polemarchus desires you to wait. /0​

Last edited:

shahraaam

کاربر فعال
تاریخ عضویت
22 ژوئن 2014
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
متن زیر را با انتخاب صحیح ترین گزینه ها بازنویسی کنید. داخل هر پرانتز ممکن است بیش از یک گزینه صحیح باشد.
ممنون

He (bids, bided, bade ) me (observing, observe, to observing) it, and I should always find that the (catastrophes, blessings, calamities) of life were shared among the upper and lower part of mankind, but that the (middle station, middle class, medium class), (was having, were having ,had had , had, have) the fewest (disasters, blessings, calamities), and was not (exposed , subject, subjected) to so many vicissitudes as the higher or lower part of mankind; nay, they were not subjected to so many distempers and (uneasiness, uneasinesses), either of body or mind, as those were who, by vicious living, luxury, and (outrageousness , destitute , extravagances ) on the one hand, or by hard labour, want of (necessities, necessaries, essentials), and mean or (ample, insufficient , unsatisfactory) diet on the other hand, (brings, bring, are bringing) distemper upon themselves by the natural (consecutive, conclusion, consequences) of their way of living; that the middle station of life (is, was, is being) calculated for all kind of virtue and all kind of enjoyments. /0​

shahraaam

کاربر فعال
تاریخ عضویت
22 ژوئن 2014
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
اولین فردی که عضو کانال تلگرام من بوده، به این سوال جواب دهد و جوابش بالای 70 درصد صحیح باشد، 30 دقیقه تدریس خصوصی مجانی در محل من جایزه میگیرد.

لطفا متن را بخوانید و از بین گزینه های داده شده در هر قسمت، یک یا چند گزینه را به عنوان گزینه یا گزینه های صحیح انتخاب کنید. سپس متن را با گزینه های انتخابی خود بازنویسی کنید.
سطح تمرین: متوسط

John (walked, was walking, walks) along Granville street yesterday, when he (saw, sees, was seeing) two men (were fighting, fought, fighting). Since he (worry, worried, was worried) someone (could be hurt, can hurt, could get hurt), he (called, was calling) the police and reported the (accident, disturbance, incident)./0​

shahraaam

کاربر فعال
تاریخ عضویت
22 ژوئن 2014
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
اولین فردی که عضو کانال تلگرام من بوده، به این سوال جواب دهد و جوابش بالای 70 درصد صحیح باشد، 30 دقیقه تدریس خصوصی مجانی در محل من جایزه میگیرد.

لطفا متن را بخوانید و از بین گزینه های داده شده در هر قسمت، یک یا چند گزینه را به عنوان گزینه یا گزینه های صحیح انتخاب کنید. سپس متن را با گزینه های انتخابی خود بازنویسی کنید.
سطح تمرین: متوسط

John (walked, was walking, walks) along Granville street yesterday, when he (saw, sees, was seeing) two men (were fighting, fought, fighting). Since he (worry, worried, was worried) someone (could be hurt, can hurt, could get hurt), he (called, was calling) the police and reported the (accident, disturbance, incident)./0​

این جواب صحیح این تمرین است. متاسفانه جوابی که به اندازه کافی صحیح باشد برای این تمرین دریافت نکردم.

John was walking along Granville Street yesterday, when he saw two men fighting. Since he was worried someone could get hurt, he called the police and reported the incident./0​

shahraaam

کاربر فعال
تاریخ عضویت
22 ژوئن 2014
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
لطفا متن را بخوانید و از بین گزینه های داده شده در هر قسمت، یک یا چند گزینه را به عنوان گزینه یا گزینه های صحیح انتخاب کنید. سپس متن را با گزینه های انتخابی خود بازنویسی کنید. اولین فردی که عضو کانال تلگرام من بوده و جوابش بالای 70 درصد صحیح باشد، 30 دقیقه تدریس خصوصی زبان انگلیسی در محل من جایزه میگیرد. هر فرد یکبار میتواند پاسخ دهد.

روش نمره دادن: اگر هر در قسمت بیش از یک گزینه کاملا درست باشند، گنجاندن هر دو گزینه صحیح، 6 درصد امتیاز مثبت اضافی خواهد داشت. گنجاندن گزینه غلط در هر قسمت 10 درصد از کل نمره تمرین را کم خواهد کرد.

I (have seen, saw, was seeing, was going to see) Jennifer yesterday (on, in, at, off) a bus stop (in, at, on) Gifford Street. She (was annoyed very, very annoyed, annoyed very, was very annoyed) with the quality of the bus service and told me (that, - , which, what) she (has been waiting, has waited, had been waiting, had waited) for 30 minutes, but (did not see, had not seen, had not being seen, has not seen) any buses. She went on (to say, to tell, saying, telling) that she (would took, would have been taking, would have taken) a taxi, if taxi fares (were not, had not been, were not being) so expensive./0​

shahraaam

کاربر فعال
تاریخ عضویت
22 ژوئن 2014
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
For let me tell you, that the more the pleasures of the body fade away, the greater to me is the pleasure and charm of conversation. Do not then deny my request, but make our house your resort and keep company with these young men;we are old friends, and you will be quite at home with us./0

In the above passage,the word ‘deny’ is closest in meaning to
A. refuse
B. contradict
C. turn down
D. restrain

shahraaam

کاربر فعال
تاریخ عضویت
22 ژوئن 2014
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
For let me tell you, that the more the pleasures of the body fade away, the greater to me is the pleasure and charm of conversation. Do not then deny my request, but make our house your resort and keep company with these young men;we are old friends, and you will be quite at home with us./0

In the above passage,the word ‘deny’ is closest in meaning to
A. refuse
B. contradict
C. turn down
D. restrain

.In this exercise, there might be more than one correct answer​

shahraaam

کاربر فعال
تاریخ عضویت
22 ژوئن 2014
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
لطفا متن را بخوانید و از بین گزینه های داده شده در هر قسمت، یک یا چند گزینه را به عنوان گزینه یا گزینه های صحیح انتخاب کنید. سپس متن را با گزینه های انتخابی خود بازنویسی کنید. اولین فردی که عضو کانال تلگرام من بوده و جوابش بالای 70 درصد صحیح باشد، 30 دقیقه تدریس خصوصی زبان انگلیسی در محل من جایزه میگیرد. هر فرد یکبار میتواند پاسخ دهد.

روش نمره دادن: اگر هر در قسمت بیش از یک گزینه کاملا درست باشند، گنجاندن هر دو گزینه صحیح، 6 درصد امتیاز مثبت اضافی خواهد داشت. گنجاندن گزینه غلط در هر قسمت 10 درصد از کل نمره تمرین را کم خواهد کرد.

I (have seen, saw, was seeing, was going to see) Jennifer yesterday (on, in, at, off) a bus stop (in, at, on) Gifford Street. She (was annoyed very, very annoyed, annoyed very, was very annoyed) with the quality of the bus service and told me (that, - , which, what) she (has been waiting, has waited, had been waiting, had waited) for 30 minutes, but (did not see, had not seen, had not being seen, has not seen) any buses. She went on (to say, to tell, saying, telling) that she (would took, would have been taking, would have taken) a taxi, if taxi fares (were not, had not been, were not being) so expensive./0​
من این تمرین را بصورت تستی درآورده ام. اولین فردی که به این تمرین جواب دهد و جوابش بالای 60 درصد صحیح باشد، 30 دقیقه تدریس خصوصی مجانی در محل من جایزه میگیرد. فقط یک جایزه برای دو تمرین داده خواهد شد. لطفا صحیح ترین گزینه ها را انتخاب کنید. ممنون

exercis21_instagram.jpg

Captive

کاربر قدیمی پرشین تولز* مدیر بخش ارز دیجیتال
مدیر انجمن
تاریخ عضویت
2 سپتامبر 2007
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
Shiraz 4 Ever
Hi there

Thank you for the great information , I was just wondering which one is correct .

Life's problems is not powerful enough or Life's problems are not powerful enough? , since "problems" is plural it should be " are" after it. but there are more result over the net for " is "

Thank you​

shahraaam

کاربر فعال
تاریخ عضویت
22 ژوئن 2014
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
Hi there

Thank you for the great information , I was just wondering which one is correct .

Life's problems is not powerful enough or Life's problems are not powerful enough? , since "problems" is plural it should be " are" after it. but there are more result over the net for " is "

Thank you​
You're welcome. Problem is an abstract but countable noun, so the word 'problems' is certainly correct. The verb for 'problems' must be 'are' and not 'is'./0​

Last edited:

shahraaam

کاربر فعال
تاریخ عضویت
22 ژوئن 2014
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
من این تمرین را بصورت تستی درآورده ام. اولین فردی که به این تمرین جواب دهد و جوابش بالای 60 درصد صحیح باشد، 30 دقیقه تدریس خصوصی مجانی در محل من جایزه میگیرد. فقط یک جایزه برای دو تمرین داده خواهد شد. لطفا صحیح ترین گزینه ها را انتخاب کنید. ممنون

exercis21_instagram.jpg

دوستی به این سوال از طریق ایمیل پاسخ داده و 60 درصد گرفته.

shahraaam

کاربر فعال
تاریخ عضویت
22 ژوئن 2014
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
این سوال را Captive از من از طریق پیام خصوصی پرسیده:

Hello there
I hope you are fine , sorry if I sent u a private message.would you please let me know if this sentence is totally correct or not?
thank you in advance
it is such a happiness when After 5 years of not seeing each other your real friend is still caring about you
پاسخ:

No, it’s not. The word happiness is uncountable and cannot be preceded with an indefinite article. So, ‘a happiness’ is not correct. The following sentence has the intended meaning of your sentence and is grammatically correct./0

It is a great joy, when after five years of not seeing each other your friend still cares about you./0​

shahraaam

کاربر فعال
تاریخ عضویت
22 ژوئن 2014
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
از این به بعد اعضای کلاس مجازی من در اینستاگرام برای پاسخ صحیح دادن به سوالات، جوایز نقدی دریافت خواهند کرد. همه سوالات را خودم طرح میکنم.

shahraaam

کاربر فعال
تاریخ عضویت
22 ژوئن 2014
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
Political analysts were concerned that the death of Thailand's King would aggravate tensions in an...country./0

A. increased divided
B. increasingly divided
C.increase dividedly
D. increasing divided​

shahraaam

کاربر فعال
تاریخ عضویت
22 ژوئن 2014
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
Political analysts were concerned that the death of Thailand's King would aggravate tensions in an...country./0

A. increased divided
B. increasingly divided
C.increase dividedly
D. increasing divided​
A and D are not correct because an adjective normally cannot modify another adjective
B is the correct answer
C is not correct because an adverb cannot modify a noun

Last edited:
بالا