مدیر بازنشسته
کاربر قدیمی پرشین تولز
تاریخ عضویت
3 آگوست 2005
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
Tehran

you're looking for the best translation of " Haleto Migiram , Bahman !!!"? ... that would be : " I'll kick your Butt , Bahman"
yes4.gif
..... there you go ...

Kakashi

تاریخ عضویت
18 مارس 2007
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
سن
محل سکونت
Tabriz

Hello Guys :happy: I have found a Really intresting article ;) here you go :

Can animals predict death?

In July 2007, a fascinating story emerged in the New England Journal of Medicine about a cat that could "predict" the deaths of patients in a nursing home several hours before they died. Oscar, a cat adopted by the staff of the Steere House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Providence, R.I., has at least 25 successful predictions, in which patients died hours after the cat sat down by their beds. After the nursing home's staff caught on to Oscar's ability, they began alerting families whenever the cat took up his post next to a patient. Most families tolerate or even welcome his presence, though Oscar becomes upset if forced out of the room of a dying patient, meowing outside the door.

===========================

Oscar's actions appear deliberate. He regularly wanders around the home's unit for patients with advanced dementia. He sniffs and watches a patient before sitting down with her. Oscar then purrs while sitting with the patient and usually leaves soon after she dies.

How does Oscar do it? Is it a "sixth sense," a unique scent he smells or something else? Animal experts have put forth a variety of explanations, though most agree that it likely has to do with a specific smell produced by dying patients. That is, people who are dying emit certain chemicals that aren't detectable by other humans but that may pique Oscar's heightened sense of smell. An expert on felines said that cats can sense sickness in their human and animal friends [Source: BBC News]. Jacqueline Pritchard, a British animal expert, told BBC News that she was certain that Oscar was sensing vital organs shutting down.

As for why he keeps vigil next to patients, Oscar may be mimicking the behavior of staff who spend time with dying patients. One animal expert suggested that it may be as simple as Oscar enjoying the comfort of heated blankets placed on dying patients.

Stories of animals with startling abilities aren't rare. Tales have long existed of dogs detecting various types of cancer with their sense of smell. A study later proved that dogs could sense evidence of bladder cancer by smelling it in urine. Some people who suffer from serious epilepsy use specially trained dogs provided by charities. These dogs warn their owners of impending seizures by licking or some other signal. One woman said that her dog regularly gives her a 40-minute warning, allowing her to get to a safe place so as not to worry about the seizures putting her in danger.

The seizure-sensing dogs look for subtle smells and changes in features of their owners (such as dilated pupils). Their training, which takes at least a year, teaches them to warn their owners. While we're used to hearing about dogs learning to help the blind or search out injured people, Oscar's case is more puzzling. Cats, unlike dogs or even elephants, aren't associated with altruistic, empathic behavior. Scientists believe that dogs can sense disease in others because of their evolutionary origin as wolves, who needed to be able to detect when someone in the pack was hurt or sick.

We've found some rational explanations for Oscar's actions and those of seizure-sensing dogs -- subtle smells, dilated pupils, learned behaviors -- but what about other strange animal behavior? Can some animals really sense earthquakes or feel compassion? On the next page, we'll delve into the world of ethology.

Kakashi

تاریخ عضویت
18 مارس 2007
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
سن
محل سکونت
Tabriz
Actually I found it very interesting.it`s nice to gather interesting articles here and disscuss them.​

Really? :eek: If you say so , then perhaps it is :happy:

I also read an article about PSI Factors :eek: it was really intresting specially parts about ESP and EVP ;)

If you want I can put that here too ;)

I'm not perfect

کاربر تازه وارد
تاریخ عضویت
23 آگوست 2007
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
hi everybody
i', a newcomer and i have a quesion, is there any topic here to discuss about? or we talk about whatever is in our mind? thanx in advance...​

seymour

مدیر بازنشسته
کاربر قدیمی پرشین تولز
تاریخ عضویت
3 آگوست 2005
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
Tehran
hi everybody
i', a newcomer and i have a quesion, is there any topic here to discuss about? or we talk about whatever is in our mind? thanx in advance...​

actually we're working on that ... we're trying to decide the best subject ... one can say that current subject is " what could be a good subject ?!"

by the way ..
wavesmile.gif
. welcome

Behnaz60t

کاربر تازه وارد
تاریخ عضویت
18 آگوست 2006
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
I got an Idea ....
why dont we follow up those books for discutions ...

this subject reminds me the time I went to an English class ... we had to read the articles in a book then next session we should share our ideas and discuss about them
It was fun ...
spacially those subjects related to the comparison between men and women ....:happy:

what do u think ?!

bloody

کاربر فعال علم و دانش
کاربر فعال
تاریخ عضویت
19 آپریل 2007
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
IRAN
I got an Idea ....
why dont we follow up those books for discutions ...

this subject reminds me the time I went to an English class ... we had to read the articles in a book then next session we should share our ideas and discuss about them
It was fun ...
spacially those subjects related to the comparison between men and women ....:happy:

what do u think ?!

I agree.you know anything goes in here; it' s better to have topic to talk about.by the way behnaz i dont have any idea about the book you mentioned would you please explain more about it?and why was the comparison so fun to you!?
balloony.gif

there are more ways to enjoy English!!​

3tareh

تاریخ عضویت
9 فوریه 2006
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
Well there are many interesting subjects to talk about,such az science,books,movies,even relationships and ...
let`s vote about our topic of disscussion!:happy:​

Behnaz60t

کاربر تازه وارد
تاریخ عضویت
18 آگوست 2006
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
I agree.you know anything goes in here; it' s better to have topic to talk about.by the way behnaz i dont have any idea about the book you mentioned would you please explain more about it?and why was the comparison so fun to you!?
balloony.gif

there are more ways to enjoy English!!​

what I wrote was not just for the comparison
itself( I admit bloody!!!! ...in fact there is no copmarison ) ... but the point is that the sobject is so much chalengable ... and more participable .... but in general ..yeah ! u r right .there are more other things to talk ... to discuss

actually I am looking for that book ...If I find it then I will type one of its article ... to see how it works here ....

take care u all ...

seymour

مدیر بازنشسته
کاربر قدیمی پرشین تولز
تاریخ عضویت
3 آگوست 2005
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
Tehran

when was the last time you watched a movie in Cinema ? ... I mean with all the people and stuff ... ?
popc.gif

3tareh

تاریخ عضویت
9 فوریه 2006
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها

when was the last time you watched a movie in Cinema ? ... I mean with all the people and stuff ... ?
popc.gif

Since I`m not a fan of Iranian movies,I do not go to cinema very much...but the last time it was 2 month ago i guess. and like every other time I was sorry to waste my time:hmm
But going to cinema is very fun.I mean with all the people and stuff;):​

بالا