برگزیده های پرشین تولز

Let's enjoy English

Behnaz60t

کاربر تازه وارد
تاریخ عضویت
18 آگوست 2006
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها

well i think those are scientific ;) because i once read an article about IQ and about that IQ has natural (Genes) base or nurtural (Enviroment) bases ;) and in that article there was an example about the natural base of IQ that was saying exactly what Mr.Pilot said earlier ;).... that was a really intresting article , i recomand you all read it once :happy: the title was : "Is there Gene for genuis?" ;)

sounds like an intresting article !!!!! ...dont u have its link ... ?

or the site u read it there !

Behnaz60t

کاربر تازه وارد
تاریخ عضویت
18 آگوست 2006
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
Some interesting differences between men's and women's brains, collected from sources listed below. Read with a grain of salt, and further investigate the ones that get you riled up.

1. Men's brains are larger, but as they age, they also shrink faster than women's brains.

2. Women's brains operate at a higher temperature, due to burning more glucose.

3. Women use more of their brains when they think.

4. Men's brains contain roughly 6.5 times the amount of grey matter related to general intelligence as women's brains, while women's brains contain about 10 times as much white matter related to general intelligence as men's. Researchers point to this finding to explain the controversial belief that in general, men may naturally excel at math while women tend to excel in areas like language. Read more about this research here

5. Men tend to score an average of 4 to 5 points higher on intelligence tests, as reported by the journal Intelligence in Sept. 2006. Don't believe us? Click here

6. The average man will think about sex as often as once a minute, while the average woman will think of sex much less often, as infrequently as once every one or two days.

7. Why do women always want to talk? Researchers have found that connecting with another through talking will trigger the pleasure centers in a woman's brain, a high second only to an orgasm.
8. Baby girls have been observed to typically have stronger reactions than boys to disturbing or distressful sounds.

9. A 20-second hug will trigger the release of oxytocin in a woman's brain. The effect of this chemical will often give the woman a feeling of trust in the person hugging her.

10. Many authors and researchers have said that men use fewer words per day than women. Depending on which study you believe (if any), the "word gap" can be anywhere from 1,000 to 10,000 words a day.

Source

okay pilot ...let us know ur Idea about this article .
do u believe it ? how much was it close to u? I mean concidering all things it says about guys ...
did u find it real ?! which part ?! how ?

seymour

مدیر بازنشسته
کاربر قدیمی پرشین تولز
تاریخ عضویت
3 آگوست 2005
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
Tehran
so what ?!

couldnt get what u mean !
did I write anything wrong ?! :confused:

what was that awkward laugh at the end about ?!! !:blush:
No ... No ... you misunderstood me , dear Behnaz ... I was delighted by your comparison ... I wanted to show that you're completely right ... I was confirming that " Mind is indeed like an attic"
yes4.gif
... and then I laughed because it was both nice and fun at the same time
wink.gif

I taught it was clear ... we're friends here and I don't laugh at a friend
rastaman2.gif

geminis.gif

melpomene

کاربر تازه وارد
تاریخ عضویت
17 آگوست 2007
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها

Very welcome both of you

I hope with you guys my English get better:) and I learn more.

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement. I also hope that my English gets better each day.;)

He/She is talking about me ...
woohoo.gif
..[/LEFT]

Yeah dear seymour, I was talking about you all! Besides, I suppose you would not face a problem choosing he/she just by having a closer look at my name

Hello newcomers!! :) setareh and melpomene .... how are u doing
?

hope we all togather have such good discutions here to improve our English:thumbsup:

thank you melpomene for ur nice quote ...actually thats a bitter truth ... our mind is like an empty attic ..( but I dont think its still empty any more nor is it full compeletly) l !! ...

... I just have thought about the effect of our surrounded enviroment on our minds, too.
I mean I concidered our soiety full of those attic ... which are jumbled up with different and

...:weird: : unnecessary things .... just imagin what would happen ,then !!!:wacko::eek:hno

of course everything is up to us , ourselves( and we dont need a person to guid us ) ...but Its too hard to get
ride of those things ( those nonesens values that society has thought us and we stocked them in our MIND:(:worried:

Dear Behnaz, don't mention it! I'm so very happy you enjoyed reading it. I guess it's not that tight; the world's attic I mean. I don't want to pretend to be tough or anything, but well... it's not that torturous. You'd better take it easy mate​

pilot

مدیر بازنشسته
تاریخ عضویت
30 مارس 2005
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
Internet
okay pilot ...let us know ur Idea about this article .
do u believe it ? how much was it close to u? I mean concidering all things it says about guys ...
did u find it real ?! which part ?! how ?

you Know What?
these are results of some complicated exams and I can't say which one is true or not for example shrinking brain and its temperature , We cant sense them

however..... the sixth item is not true for me
:D

pilot

مدیر بازنشسته
تاریخ عضویت
30 مارس 2005
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
Internet
By the way........melpomene
you didn't say your name

and explain a little about your username

pilot

مدیر بازنشسته
تاریخ عضویت
30 مارس 2005
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
Internet
No ... No ... you misunderstood me , dear Behnaz ... I was delighted by your comparison ... I wanted to show that you're completely right ... I was confirming that " Mind is indeed like an attic"
yes4.gif
wink.gif

rastaman2.gif

geminis.gif

Thats right !

bighug.gif

Behnaz60t

کاربر تازه وارد
تاریخ عضویت
18 آگوست 2006
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
yes4.gif
wink.gif

rastaman2.gif

geminis.gif

opssss Im sorry for my misundrestanding ....:blush:

any way ...
. the comparison was Melpomene's ...not mine. I just rewrote it ... thats all ...
so thanks her ! :rolleyes:

Nereid

کاربر فعال زبان
کاربر فعال
تاریخ عضویت
26 نوامبر 2006
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
staring at a closed door!
A man will pay $2 for a $1 item he wants. A woman will pay $1 for a $2 item that she doesn't want.

A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband. A man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

To be happy with a man you must understand him a lot & love him a little. To be happy with a woman you must love her a lot & not try to understand her at all.

Married men live longer than single men, but married men are a lot more willing to die.

Any married man should forget his mistakes - there's no use in two people remembering the same thing.

Men wake up as good-looking as they went to bed. Women somehow deteriorate during the night.

A woman marries a man expecting he will change, but he doesn't. A man marries a woman expecting that she won't change & she does.

A woman has the last word in any argument. Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

There are 2 times when a man doesn't understand a woman: before marriage and after.

Some interesting differences between men's and women's brains, collected
5. Men tend to score an average of 4 to 5 points higher on intelligence tests, as reported by the journal Intelligence in Sept. 2006. Don't believe us? Click here

[​

?So who's desinged these IQ tests ? Men
1655.gif

The average man will think about sex as often as once a minute, while the average woman will think of sex much less often, as infrequently as once every one or two days.

On the other hand, avarage men think about marriage once in a million years - whenever they feel damn lonely and have nothing exciting to do- , while avarage women think about marriage as often as once a minute!

I was kidding!
violent101.gif

Behnaz60t

کاربر تازه وارد
تاریخ عضویت
18 آگوست 2006
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
Thanks for your kind words of encouragement. I also hope that my English gets better each day.;)

Yeah dear seymour, I was talking about you all! Besides, I suppose you would not face a problem choosing he/she just by having a closer look at my name

Dear Behnaz, don't mention it! I'm so very happy you enjoyed reading it. I guess it's not that tight; the world's attic I mean. I don't want to pretend to be tough or anything, but well... it's not that torturous. You'd better take it easy mate​

ِDear Melpomene .. actually Im not that much worry about my attic ...
while I should be !!! I guss
as u know sometimes we 're not aware of what we r doing to our mind ...
let me explaine it in this way ... just imagin that attic .. befoer it become messy ... u bring some thing there which blocks some part of its emptiness ... just like an prefabricated wall ( like a believe , idea , ... an old custom ) and ... u r not even aware of that wall ...
what Im trying to say is ... there are some hidden stuffs ( let me call them furtive furniture ) stuck in our mind

now the question is ... what can we do to get rid of them ?!

oh I made it complicated, I guss !! ... forget about it .... coz I think it needs a profassional talk:D

seymour

مدیر بازنشسته
کاربر قدیمی پرشین تولز
تاریخ عضویت
3 آگوست 2005
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
Tehran
Thanks !

actually I wanted to test seymour and Now I see he's failed
1041.gif

I hope that Seymour's English gets better too:D:D:D
Bahman , I will take your "Hal"....
(حالتو می گیریم)
opssss Im sorry for my misundrestanding ....:blush:

any way ...
. the comparison was Melpomene's ...not mine. I just rewrote it ... thats all ...
so thanks her ! :rolleyes:
ok ...
peace.gif
you're right , lady....​

Nereid

کاربر فعال زبان
کاربر فعال
تاریخ عضویت
26 نوامبر 2006
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
staring at a closed door!

pilot

مدیر بازنشسته
تاریخ عضویت
30 مارس 2005
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
Internet

I think it's something like : give sb a piece of my mind :rolleyes:

to speak angrily to someone because they have done something wrong

!Tank you for sharing this interesting idiom
That reminds me of Science fiction movies.

;)but i suggest this idiom " give sb a hard time"it may be closer in meaning to haleto migiram​

How about this one?

I will put you in your place​

بالا