لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
Anywhere

actually I've done this before, but what about my parents
hanghead.gif

can you imagine what they think when I am talking to myself
32.gif

ok. this is not really a problem, I have a another question
do you know where I can buy English books? there are too many English pdf but who really can read a book in monitor
126fs3801820.gif

it makes you blind, I think you have bought many books before
so can you tell me where I can find English books or foreign language books
and if it's possible could you give me name of some intersting books that I don't fell sleep when I am reading them
251.gif

oh boy, this bold making is so fun
29dz8zk.gif

Radiohead

مدیر بازنشسته
کاربر فعال
تاریخ عضویت
10 جولای 2006
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
hi Mehdivirus
i think you got the same problem as me, (almost) good at writing english but less good in speaking it
it's everybody's problem. i'd like to hear a firm solution from Seymour!
but the funny thing about me is that i've never even tried to learn and/or improve my english!
everything happened by itself! i didn't interfere with it (were my sentences alright?!)
anyway, i find this topic very interesting
i hope to be involved in it now and then​

seymour

مدیر بازنشسته
کاربر قدیمی پرشین تولز
تاریخ عضویت
3 آگوست 2005
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
Tehran
well , I don't have all the answers
280krix.gif
... seems you learned English without too much effort ... good ... that shows you're gifted
ktoe.gif
... but if you wanna be more than that ... then it's time to move on and get your act together
47b20s0.gif

about the books ... i'm not much of a good advicer on that .... beacuse I barely read ' real ' English books ( in physical form I mean ) ... it's always in front of PC which I read books , news and articles and etc , like 2 hours everyday ( in past 5-6 years and I'm planning to continue ! )...

maybe Harry Potter series ?!!!!! lots of boys hate it ... in English , maybe you like it then !! ...

//

but I'm disagree with Mehdi about another thing ... reading Ebooks is fun sometims ... like reading Mangas
shy.gif
.... or maybe it's just me and my 19 inch Sony Monitor !!!!!!
4dg0i9w.gif

P.S : "firm solution" ... hmmm ... good combination there , Radiohead .. nice ...​

Radiohead

مدیر بازنشسته
کاربر فعال
تاریخ عضویت
10 جولای 2006
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
Well thanks, seymour, but my English is not that good to say I'm gifted!

I'm not such a good book-reader as you are. I can hardly find a book that satisfies my taste. especially if it's Harry Potter or something! (kidding!
302.gif
)
Maybe I like Harry Potter movie series more than the book series.
So I got a question: are movies good enough to be replacements for books? cause I could spend a whole day doing just watching movies!
they have a script and most of them are adapted from famous books and novels after all.

seymour

مدیر بازنشسته
کاربر قدیمی پرشین تولز
تاریخ عضویت
3 آگوست 2005
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
Tehran
the answer is : no ... watching movies is good ... but not that good !!!
pinky.gif
... it lacks some activities that are necessary in order to improve ...

that's somethin' for sure : all the good things are for those who work hard
otkyki.gif
... and unfortunately
164.gif
, watching movies is not one them

Mehdi

مدیر بازنشسته
تاریخ عضویت
1 آگوست 2004
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
Anywhere

actually I love watching movies, it's so fun and very intersting
nzd.gif

I can watch movies whole day and whole the week without a break
moinmoin_02.gif

specially tv series, readig ebook is so hard because of white background of ebook although there are some way to change the background and color of texts but it's still boring I rather physical books
well actually I am not really with books, it's really hard to leave computer and read book
to_pick_ones_nose.gif

I can just read book when I can't access to computer, and the only book that I have read is harry potter's books
mr47_04.gif

actually English is not that hard because we are using it in every where,you have to try other languages to understand what is meaning of hard to learn
dash3.gif

P.s : Man I love this bold making, it makes posts very pretty, in fact I've learn it from seymour
smoke.gif

X_Farhad

Pocket PC کاربر فعال
کاربر فعال
تاریخ عضویت
23 آگوست 2003
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
guys, although it seems that you're not really having problems with finding the right words and expressions, i think it'll be a great help for every English learner to learn and study new Idioms, i mean if you expand your vocabulary of idioms, it's more likely you find yourself thinking in English, and it will be a great help with talking too. so i'm gonna attach 3 e-books, i recommend you print them all and have a look at them every now and then. and if you ever felt like you're missing the previously learned idioms, do the exercises once again-cuz i think it's the best way to revive one's knowledge..so, find the troublesome expressions and then read the relevant part in the respective lesson.
but remember, if you really wanna improve your english, if you really wanna speak and not feel embarrassed, then you might wanna read the book series "Grammer in Use"

p.s: Seymour(
280krix.gif
), i'm desperately looking for a decent Persian to English dictionary for windows, do you happen to know of a good one?
---
edit: i couldn't find the Intermediate book
52.gif

فایل های ضمیمه

• Essential English Idioms - Elementary.pdf
    126.5 KB · نمایش ها: 18
  • Essential English Idioms - Advanced.pdf
    179.4 KB · نمایش ها: 18

Radiohead

مدیر بازنشسته
کاربر فعال
تاریخ عضویت
10 جولای 2006
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
Thanks for the ebooks , X_Farhad, I'm sure they'll be useful for everybody

As for the Persian to English dictionary, I suggest you use Aryanpur (if you haven't yet) it's really the greatest English to Persian (and vice versa) dictionary I've ever seen

[Aryanpur 6 vol. overseas]​

seymour

مدیر بازنشسته
کاربر قدیمی پرشین تولز
تاریخ عضویت
3 آگوست 2005
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
Tehran

یاشار

تاریخ عضویت
23 آگوست 2006
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
سن
محل سکونت
Atlantica
Hey guys, what's going on here?
I guess I've found this awesome thread too late
But maybe it's not too late for joining you her, is it?.
2gubcdk.gif

seymour

مدیر بازنشسته
کاربر قدیمی پرشین تولز
تاریخ عضویت
3 آگوست 2005
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
Tehran
Hey guys, what's going on here?
I guess I've found this awesome thread too late
But maybe it's not too late for joining you her, is it?.
2gubcdk.gif
it's never too late to begin a beautiful friendship
geminis.gif

P.S: what was the name of the movie whit this dialogue ... not you radiohead !!​

Radiohead

مدیر بازنشسته
کاربر فعال
تاریخ عضویت
10 جولای 2006
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
What're you laughing about, mehdivirus?! :D Well I couldn't help myself, you know? I must've said something!​

Radiohead

مدیر بازنشسته
کاربر فعال
تاریخ عضویت
10 جولای 2006
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
... this topic is gettin' on my nerve! I can't write left-to-right properly... help! I need somebody​

Britney

کاربر تازه وارد
تاریخ عضویت
20 فوریه 2007
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
Hello :) .....Could u please help me finding some excellent websites for English e-Learning? and english to persian translation?
Do you have any idea obout websites teaching how to translate medical texts? It would be so useful if you help me finding some farsi guides...:happy:

P.I.T.A

کاربر فعال فرهنگ و هنر و هنرهای نمایشی
کاربر فعال
تاریخ عضویت
13 مارس 2005
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
محل سکونت
My Conscience
Hello :) .....Could u please help me finding some excellent websites for English e-Learning? and english to persian translation?
Do you have any idea obout websites learning how to translate medical texts? It would be so useful if you help me finding some farsi guides...:happy:

Hello Britney Welcome
23_3_36.gif

ّFor Online learning English I used to go to BBC English Learning
For Translating Farsi To Enlish I dunno Any website that might be useful Espacially whem it comes to translating Sophisticated Text like Medical Text​

بالا